- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Beef, Red Bean and Mushroom Hamburger Recipe Video
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mushroom||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Red kidney bean||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), canned (100 g)|
|Beef||1⁄3 Pound (extra lean minced beef topside)|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Cooking oil spray||1 Teaspoon (as required)|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.3 mg12.4%
Sodium 300.2 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 24 g48.1%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a non-stick pan, saute the onions and garlic until translucent.
2) Add the spices and stir for a few seconds until aromatic.
3) Stir in the mushrooms and saute until soft and no moisture remains.
4) Remove from heat and transfer the mixture to a strainer to drain.
5) In a large mixing bowl, mash the red kidney beans.
6) Then add the mushroom mixture, beef and splash of tobasco, mix together thoroughly.
7) Shape the beef mixture into 2 large patties.
8) In a non-stick skillet, spray a little cooking oil spray and grill the patties for about 5 minutes on each side.
9) Serve the hamburger patties with whole meal English muffins, lettuce, tomato, avocado and sweet chili sauce or as desired.