- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hershey Cake Recipe
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Plain hershey bars||8 Small, melted|
|Syrup||11 Ounce (2 Can)|
|Hershey syrup||11 Ounce (2 Cans Of 5 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped, mixed with a little flour to coat|
Calories 744 Calories from Fat 307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.5%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.2 mg
Sodium 249.4 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 52.1 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.9% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Sift together flour, soda and salt. Keep aside.
3) In a bowl, cream butter.
4) To this, add sugar and beat until fluffy.
5) To this, add eggs, one at a time, beating well in between.
6) To this mix, add the melted chocolate bars, beating gently.
7) Gradually add the chocolate syrup.
8) Now, add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk, beating constantly.
9) Finally, add vanilla and chopped nuts.
10) In a greased 10 inch angel food tube cake pan with a removable bottom, pour the batter.
11) Bake for 1 1/4 hours.
12) Cool for 1 hour before removing from the pan.
13) Slice and serve as required.