- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herring Salad Recipe
|Herrings||4 Medium, filleted|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Sweet apple||1 , cored and finely chopped|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 , grated|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.6%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.9 mg
Sodium 295.4 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 21 g42.2%
Vitamin A 86.6% Vitamin C 24%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Spice up the herrings and drizzle a little oil.
2) Now grill the herrings gently, avoid overcooking so that the flesh does not break.
3) Allow the herrings to cool down and then chop finely.
4) Take a herring and mix with curry powder and mayonnaise.
5) Take one more herring and marinate with tomato puree and yoghurt.
6) Blend the third herring with apple, sherry, and onion.
7) Mix the next herring with carrot, onion, and egg.
8) Now take a serving dish and arrange fresh lettuce and watercress leaves.
9) Serve the mixture of herrings in the serving plate with a dash of lemon.
10) To add a zing to your dish, garnish the salad with lemon slices.