- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herring Salad Recipe
|Herring/2 five-ounce jars bismarck herring||1|
|Boiled potatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Cooked beets||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Peeled and diced apples||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Gherkin pickles||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , sliced|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1326 Calories from Fat 581
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.4%
Saturated Fat 34.1 g170.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 716.9 mg
Sodium 1516.1 mg63.2%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g42%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.2%
Sugars 69.2 g
Protein 45 g89.1%
Vitamin A 49% Vitamin C 83.2%
Calcium 34.2% Iron 105.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place the herring in cold water overnight, drain well and chop the herring.
2) Gently mix the herring, potatoes, apples, gherkin, beet, and onion together.
3) Blend the water, sugar, vinegar and pepper together, then stir into the herring mixture.
4) Stir in the whipped cream, mix well.
5) In a cold mold, press the mixture and place in the refrigerator.
6) Remove and unmold the salad in a nice plate.
6) Garnish with the sliced hard-cooked eggs and chopped parsley and serve immediately.