- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herbed Parmesan Rolls Recipe
|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (Two 0.25 Ounce Package)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|All purpose flour||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5424 Calories from Fat 1424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 162 g249.2%
Saturated Fat 92.6 g462.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 819.8 mg
Sodium 7126.3 mg296.9%
Total Carbohydrates 804 g268%
Dietary Fiber 30.7 g122.9%
Sugars 78.4 g
Protein 179 g358%
Vitamin A 95.2% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 223.2% Iron 290.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat in about 1 cup of the flour.
3. Soften yeast in water and add to the flour mixture.
4. Gradually add about one half of the remaining flour, beating until smooth.
5. Beat in eggs.
6. Mix in a blend of cheese, marjoram, oregano, and rosemary.
7. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a stiff dough, beating until smooth and dough comes away from sides of bowl.
8. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and let rest about 10 minutes.
9. Knead, adding more flour if dough seems too sticky, until satiny smooth and small blisters appear under the surface of dough.
10. Form into a ball and put into a greased deep bowl.
11. Turn dough to bring greased surface to top.
12. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled.
13. Punch down dough; turn onto a lightly floured surface.
14. Shape as desired.
15. Cover; let rise again until doubled.
16. Bake at 425°F 10 to 12 minutes.
17. Remove to wire racks, brush tops lightly with melted butter or margarine, and cool.