- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herbed Tomato Sauce Recipe
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, minced|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian herb seasoning||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned no salt added whole tomatoes||32 Ounce, undrained, coarsely chopped (2 Cans, 16 Ounce Each)|
|No salt added tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 479 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1640.8 mg68.4%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g56.9%
Sugars 42.1 g
Protein 13 g25.5%
Vitamin A 67.9% Vitamin C 154.1%
Calcium 67.5% Iron 31.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, stir-fry onions and garlic in oil until translucent.
2) Add in herb seasoning and sauté for 1 minute.
3) Boil the mixture after adding in tomatoes and tomato sauce and minimize the heat.
4) Uncover and simmer for about 15 minutes, until sauce thickens and reduces to 4 cups.
5) Pour in vinegar and lemon juice and seasonings.
6) Use as required.