- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herbed Pot Roast with Eqgplamt and Tomatoes Recipe
|Chuck roast/Other well-marbled beef roast||5 Pound|
|Chuck/Well marbled beef roast||5 Pound|
|Garlic||12 Clove (60 gm)|
|Fresh garlic||12 Clove (60 gm), finely chopped|
|Olive oil||18 Tablespoon (1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Basil||2 Tablespoon, dried|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Eggplant||1 Medium, cubed|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Italian)|
|Italian plum tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 791 Calories from Fat 489
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.7%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.1 mg
Sodium 219.1 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 64 g127.8%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 18.1%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 36.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make marinade by combining 8 cloves of finely chopped garlic, Â¾ cup of olive oil, wine vinegar, lemon juice and dried basil.
2. Marinate beef with the marinade and allow to set for next 8 hours.
3. Remove the meat from marinade and pat it dry.
4. Preserve the marinade for further use.
5. Now take a skillet and add remaining 6 teaspoons oil on it.
6. Add onions and chopped garlic [remaining 4 cloves] in oil and cook until all the ingredients turn transparent.
7. Add beef in it and cook until beef pieces turn brown at all sides.
8. Take a Dutch oven and transfer meat and onion garlic mix in it.
9. Add preserved marinade, tomatoes, and eggplant.
10. Cover the oven and bake it for 2 hours at 350 degrees temperature. Check the condition of the cooked meat by using a meat thermometer at the center of the roasted beef, which ideally display â€œrare signâ€
11. Remove the cooked meat into the platter and preserve it hot.
12. Skim off fat from the mix in pot and pour the residual juices over slicd beef immediately before serving.
13. Serve hot.