- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herbed Haddock Stew with Potatoes Recipe
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tomato/1/4 cup tomato sauce||1 , diced|
|Green pepper||1 , diced|
|Celery stalk||2 , sliced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Potatoes||4 , cubed|
|Haddock fillets||2 Pound, cut 1 inch thick|
Calories 1785 Calories from Fat 854
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.7%
Saturated Fat 20.4 g101.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 139.5 mg
Sodium 2129.6 mg88.7%
Total Carbohydrates 187 g62.3%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.4%
Sugars 34.6 g
Protein 65 g129.1%
Vitamin A 28.2% Vitamin C 290.7%
Calcium 27% Iron 55.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet, gently warm olive oil on a very low flame.
2. Saute vegetables.
3. Add herbs, spices, water and cubed potatoes. Stir it well. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until mixture is soft and slightly brown.
4. Add fish over it. Cover and simmer again for 10 minutes.
5. Turn fish and cook for a further 10 minutes.
6. Check taste and adjust seasoning as required.
7. To serve Herbed Haddock Stew With Potatoes, place haddock on the side of the serving plate and stew beside it. Substitute halibut, cod, red snapper, or any favorite fish fillet or steak.