- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herbed Green Beans Recipe
|Fresh green beans||1 Pound, stem ends removed|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh basil/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 53 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.09 g0.46%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7.3 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Steam or blanch green beans in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes or until they are tender but still have a bite or crispness in them.
2. Drain in a colander, refresh under cold water
3. Let drain well and set aside.
4. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat
5. Combine beans and basil and sauté until heated.
6. Dish out and serve immediately while hot and crisp.