- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herbed Goat Cheese Baked in Grape Leaves Recipe
|Grape leaves in brine||1 Pound (1 Jar)|
|Rindless goat cheese||11 Ounce (Log-Shape , 1 Uncoated Chevre)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme leaves/Dried thyme leaves - 1 teaspoon||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Unsalted crackers/Water biscuits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 256 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.8%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 27.3 mg9.1%
Sodium 661.9 mg27.6%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 9 g18.8%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 26.6% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove grape leaves from jar, select 12 large leaves and return others to brine in jar.
2. Rinse leaves with cold water and place flat on paper towels to dry.
3. Preheat oven to 350F.
4. Cut cheese log crosswise into 12 slices.
5. Lightly oil paper pan and place leaves, four at a time, in pan.
6. Put a cheese slice in center of each grape leaf and drizzle 1/2 teaspoon oil over each.
7. Sprinkle with some thyme and pepper, fold pointed ends of grape leaf over cheese to meet in center and turn packet upside down to seal.
8. Repeat with remaining leaves and cheese slices and place packets evenly, in one layer, in pan.
9. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes until cheese packets are warm and soft when lightly touched.
10. Alternately microwave at MEDIUM for 2 minutes, turning after 1 minute.
11. Transfer cheese packets to small serving plate to let each person unwrap packets and spread cheese on crackers or biscuits and eat with the grape leaf as well.