- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herbed Brie Croute Recipe
|Hot roll mix||16 Ounce (Pillsbury, 1 package)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs), heated to 120� to 130�f|
|Margarine/Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Brie cheese round||28 Ounce (with or without herbs)|
|Egg||2 , beaten|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (to dust)|
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.2 mg
Sodium 294.8 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.6 g2.4%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) Lightly butter bottom of a baking tray.
3) In a bowl, place, all the ingredients from the flour mix packet and mix well.
4) Pour in hot water, margarine and 1 egg and fold until dough comes together.
5) Remove the dough and place on lightly flour dusted surface.
6) Apply oil or flour on your hands and make the dough into a ball.
7) Work the dough for 5 minutes until smooth, sprinkle with little flour if needed to reduce stickiness.
8) Cover with large bowl and allow to rest 5 minutes.
9) Equally split the dough in half.
10) Roll each half into 11-inch circle, lightly flour dusted surface.
11) Put whole Brie in center of each circle.
12) Bring the edges of dough together as evenly as possible.
13) Lightly knot dough on top of each bundle with twine.
14) Spin the dough on top and flatten slightly to give a flower like shape.
15) Arrange the bundles on the baking tray.
16) Cover with cloth and allow to rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
17) Brush dough with beaten egg.
18) Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
19) Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool at least for 30 minutes before serving.
20) Cut and remove the twine from bread.
22) Serve Herbed Brie Croute on shallow serving platter.
23) Allow guests pull off chunks of bread and dip into melted cheese.