- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herbed Baked Tomatoes Recipe
|Onion powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cracker||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 165 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 0.55 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 174.9 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 15.1%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F and grease the baking dish.
2) Place the tomatoes on a flat surface, slice their top off and scoop a little pulp out from each.
3) In a bowl, combine onion powder, basil, oregano, salt, sugar and pepper.
4) Stuff small portions of the herbs mixture into each tomato.
5) Line the tomatoes on the baking dish, sprinkle cracker crumbs on top and lastly add a drop of margarine.
6) Bake for 30 minutes or until the tomatoes turn soft and golden brown on top.
7) Serve the Herbed Baked Tomatoes hot from the oven as a starter.