- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herb Roasted Chicken, The French Way Recipe
|Roasting chicken with giblets||4 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled|
|Fresh rosemary sprig/2 small sprigs||1 Large|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), defatted|
|Flat-leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped (Use As Required For Garnish)|
Calories 161 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.1 mg
Sodium 159.8 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.52 g2.1%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 64.7% Vitamin C 25.9%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven temperature to 425°F before roasting.
2) Wash the chicken, discard any excess fat and dry gently.
3) Season the cavity with salt and pepper.
4) Fill the cavity with giblets (not liver), garlic, rosemary, and lemon.
5) Tie the chicken and keep it in a small roasting pan.
6) Apply the chicken with butter and then sprinkle with oil.
7) Adjust seasonings.
8) In the centre of the pre-heated oven, keep the pan and roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours, basting with the accumulated juices every 10 to 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pricked with a knife.
9) Take it off from oven and keep aside for 10 minutes.
10) Remove the strings from the tied chicken and also the stuffing ingredients, saving the giblets for some other recipe.
11) Slice the chicken.
12) Mix the broth with the pan juices and heat.
13) Pass it through a gravy-strainer and spoon over the carved chicken.
14) Serve at once after garnishing with chopped parsley.