- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herb Loaf Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2602 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.9%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.6 mg
Sodium 387.8 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 524 g174.7%
Dietary Fiber 62.4 g249.5%
Sugars 25.4 g
Protein 98 g196.6%
Vitamin A 27.7% Vitamin C 46.5%
Calcium 69.7% Iron 220.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine 1 cup of mixed flour, dry yeast, celery flakes, parsley flakes, and thyme.
3. Heat milk, sugar, oil, and onion powder. Add to flour mixture.
4. Stir in egg white. Beat with mixer for 3 minutes.
5. Stir in about 3 cups of remaining mixed flours. Knead until smooth and elastic, 5 to 8 minutes.
6. Shape into ball. Cover; let rise in warm place until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
7. Punch down. Let rest 10 minutes. Shape into round loaf. Place on nonstick baking sheet. Slash a large X on the top. Cover and let double in bulk, 30 to 45 minutes.
8. Bake at 375Â° for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool before slicing.