- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herb Garden Haddock Recipe
|Zucchini||1 Medium, grated and squeezed dry in a towel|
|Yellow squash||1 Medium, grated and squeezed dry in a towel|
|Grated cheddar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Snipped fresh basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Scallions||3 , trimmed and thinly sliced|
|Haddock fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound, skinned cut into 4 pieces|
|Tomato||1 Medium, cut into 4 slices|
|White wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 546 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.8 mg
Sodium 863.1 mg36%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 27 g53.3%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 23.3%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the oven to 400Â°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss the zucchini, squash, Cheddar, basil, and scallions well and season with the salt and pepper.
3. On a heavy-duty baking tray Place the fish and on the top of each piece of fish spread 1/2 cup of tightly packed vegetable-cheese-herb mixture such that the surface is completely covered.
4. Then place a tomato slice on each piece of fish, add the wine to the bottom of the tray and cover the tray loosely with foil.
5. Bake the fish until it is cooked through and flakes when tested with a fork, approximately 6 minutes.
6. Remove the foil carefully as it has a tendency to adhere to the topping and serve hot with garnish as desired.