- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herb Crust Salmon Recipe
|Herbes de provence||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Italian Seasoning)|
|Salmon fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound, skinned and cut into 4 pieces (Cut From The Thick End)|
|Egg whites||2 , very well beaten|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , quartered|
Calories 257 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g10%
Saturated Fat 0.98 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59 mg
Sodium 1511.1 mg63%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.48 g1.9%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 24 g47.6%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the oven to 400Â°F.
2. In a bowl place the Italian seasoning or herbes de Provence, sprinkle them with the salt and pepper, and mix the ingredients well.
3. Dip the salmon fillets in the egg whites, allowing the excess egg to drain off, then dredge the fillets in the herbs, coating the fillets on each side and patting the herbs onto the surface of the fillets to help the herbs adhere to the fish.
4. In a large saute pan Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and sear carefully the fillets in the oil, on each side until a crust forms, turning them once.
5. From the pan remove the fillets, transfer them to a baking tray and place them in the oven.
6. Bake the fillets until they are just cooked through, for approximately 5 minutes.
7. To serve accompany each portion with a lemon wedge.