- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Roast Balsamic Glazed Recipe Video
|Pork loin||8 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|For spice rub|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown peppercorn||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 Tablespoon|
|For roasted potatoes|
|Red potatoes with skin||1 Pound, cleaned, cut into half|
|Rosemary sprigs||1 1⁄2 , minced|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|For onion balsamic glaze|
|Vidalia onions||1 , sliced|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 stick)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 516 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g43.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 152.7 mg
Sodium 419.5 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.4%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 50 g100.6%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 13.9%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. SPICE RUB: In a bowl, add all the spices and mix well till combined.
3. Place the pork loin in a roasting pan. Pour olive oil all over and coat it well.
4. Sprinkle the spice rub generously on both the sides and place the pork loin skin side up.
5. Roast it in the oven for around 1 ½ hours or till the meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F.
6. ROASTED POTATOES: In the meanwhile, in a bowl, put the potatoes and add garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Pour olive oil and coat it well.
7. Put in baking dish and place in the oven for 20 minutes or till potatoes are done.
8. ONION BALSAMIC GLAZE: In a pan or skillet, melt butter on medium heat. Put brown sugar. Stir and cook for around 2 minutes.
9. Add the onions and sauté for around 5 minutes or till they turn soft and wilted. Pour the balsamic vinegar and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or till the sauce thickens and onions get caramelized.
10. In a serving dish, place the roasted pork loin and put the roasted potatoes around it. Pour the balsamic vinegar glaze all over it and serve garnished with rosemary sprigs.