- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herb Cheese Stuffed Chicken Recipe
|Whole broiler fryer chicken breasts||2 , boned, skinned|
|Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs||5 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped, divided|
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 315 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 71.8 mg
Sodium 286 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 17 g33.5%
Vitamin A 33.3% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 8% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Between 2 pieces of clear plastic wrap place each piece of chicken, boned side up and on hard surface with meat mallet or similar flattening utensil, lightly pound chicken, working from center to edges, to form a 5 1/2-inch square.
2. Set chicken aside removing plastic wrap.
3. In small bowl, mix Boursin cheese and flour until smooth and stir in carrots, walnuts and 1/8 cup parsley.
4. Dividing the cheese mixture into 4 equal parts, place one part in the center of each chicken breast half.
5. Fold in 2 sides of chicken, roll up jellyroll style and press edges to seal.
6. In small bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and remaining 1/8 cup of the parsley.
7. With melted margarine brush the chicken and roll in breadcrumb mixture, coating evenly.
8. On a wire rack place rolls, seam side down, in an 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
9. Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumb mixture and bake, uncovered, in 350Â°F oven about 45 minutes such that golden and fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
10. Serve hot with the desired garnish.