- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herb & Butter Roasted Chicken Recipe Video
|Whole chicken||5 Pound (Taken Out Of Fridge For At Least 30 Minutes)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick Of Butter At Room Temperature)|
|Mustard powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic head||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), minced|
|Oregano||1 Tablespoon (Dried Or Freshly Minced)|
|Thyme||1 Tablespoon (Dried Or Freshly Minced)|
|Juice of lemon||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||4|
|Onion||1 Large, roughly chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6225 Calories from Fat 3914
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 436 g671.5%
Saturated Fat 156.4 g782.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1942.8 mg647.6%
Sodium 7819.6 mg325.8%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g42%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73.1%
Sugars 74.9 g
Protein 434 g867.4%
Vitamin A 204.7% Vitamin C 234.5%
Calcium 82.9% Iron 186.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine butter with salt, pepper, mustard powder, and onion powder. Mince garlic, oregano, parsley, and thyme and add to the butter mixture. Add lemon juice and combine thoroughly.
3. Roughly chop the onions and add them to a baking dish, along with the parsley, large enough to fit the chicken.
4. Place the chicken, legs up, on top of the onions.
5. Prepare the chicken by sliding your hands underneath the skin on the breasts. Second, tie the drumsticks with butchers twine (refer to video). Both of these techniques help the chicken cook beautifully and stay moist!
6. Take the butter/herb mixture and begin to rub half of it underneath the skin and the other half all over the outside (refer to video). Don’t be afraid to massage the chicken! Wash your hands first!
7. Drizzle the honey all over the outside of the chicken and place one rosemary sprig on top of the chicken and the rest of the rosemary inside the cavity of the chicken.
8. Cover with aluminum foil and roast chicken for about 70 – 85 minutes. For the last 5 minutes, take aluminum foil off and switch oven to broil to sear the outside of the chicken.
9. When chicken is done (if you have a meat thermometer, it should read about 160-165, if not, feel free to cut into to check), let chicken sit for 10-15 minutes before carving and serving!
10. Carve and enjoy!