- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hemp and Chia for Breakfast Recipe Video
|Raw chia seeds||3 Tablespoon (For Chia Porridge)|
|Hemp milk/Hot almond milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (organic plain - For Chia Porridge)|
|Stevia/Raw honey||2 Teaspoon (For Chia Porridge)|
|Hemp seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Hemp Milk)|
|Cup water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Hemp Milk)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon (For Hemp Milk)|
|Fresh organic strawberries||2 , sliced|
|Raw cacao powder||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 673 Calories from Fat 351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.9%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 100 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.5%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 39 g78.1%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 11.8%
Calcium 40.3% Iron 57.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak hemp seeds in water for 30 minutes.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Soak chia seeds in the hemp or almond milk for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. Stir a few times so it doesn’t get clumpy.
5. Shortly the chia will thicken the milk to porridge like consistency.
6. Garnish Chia porridge with strawberries and cocoa powder and serve. You can use any fruit of your choice.
If you don’t like the little particles in hemp milk then strain through a fine strainer or cheese cloth. It won’t matter in the chia porridge but it might make a difference if you are just drinking the hemp milk plain.