- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Helen Mccully's White Fruit Cake Recipe
|Almonds||1 1⁄2 Pound, blanched and coarsely shredded|
|Candied citron||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Candied pineapple||1⁄4 Pound, chopped|
|Candied cherries||1⁄4 Pound, halved|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs), sifted|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cognac||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 12498 Calories from Fat 5624
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 651 g1002%
Saturated Fat 212.3 g1061.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 2011.5 mg
Sodium 753.7 mg31.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1481 g493.8%
Dietary Fiber 105.6 g422.4%
Sugars 855.2 g
Protein 250 g499.6%
Vitamin A 201.5% Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 242.7% Iron 324.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix together the almonds, fruits and one-half cup of the flour. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter until smooth, adding the sugar gradually. Beat the egg yolks lightly, add them to the creamed mixture and beat well.
4. Combine the milk, cognac and almond extract. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with remaining flour.
5. Beat the egg whites until foamy, then add cream of tartar. Continue beating until stiff. Pour the batter over the fruits and nuts. Mix well. Fold in egg whites.
6. Lift the batter into the prepared pans and press down firmly with the palm. Bake in tube pan three hours and fifteen minutes or in loaf pans two hours and fifteen minutes.
7. Let stand thirty minutes. Turn the cakes upside down onto a wire rack. Peel off paper and store in an airtight container several days.