- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Canned sauerkraut||27 Ounce, drained (1 Can, 1 Pound 11 Ounce)|
|Tart apple||1 , halved, cored and diced|
|Sausage links||3⁄4 Pound, smoked (1 Package)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Caraway rye bread slices||8 Large|
Calories 897 Calories from Fat 505
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.8%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g79.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 108 mg
Sodium 2762.1 mg115.1%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g45.9%
Sugars 22.4 g
Protein 27 g53.7%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 139%
Calcium 28.4% Iron 36.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium saucepan, add the sauerkraut, apple and sugar, bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 15 minutes, drain well.
2) In a medium frying pan, horizontally split and saute the sausages in the butter or margarine, until lightly browned.
3) In a small bowl, blend the mayonnaise or salad dressing with the chili sauce, onion and cheese.
4) On each of the 4 serving plates, place 2 slices of bread and spread each with the the mayonnaise mixture.
5) Then layer with the sauerkraut, rest of the mayonnaise mixture and top with the sausages.
6) Garnish each with a parsley sprig and serve with sour pickles, if desired.