- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Heavenly Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Instant coffee granules||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄8 Cup (34 tbs) (2 Cups Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate chunks||11 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Walnut halves||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.6 mg
Sodium 111.4 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Preheat the oven to 325°F before baking
3. Take a small saucepan and add butter and coffee granules.
4. Melt the butter over a low flame, stirring, until the coffee dissolves completely.
5. Take pan of the heat and set aside to cool slightly
6. In a large mixing bowl, place the egg, egg yolk and sugars and beat it with an electric mixer until thick.
7. Gradually pour in the butter-coffee mixture, beating until well blended into the egg mixture
8. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture in batches, beating at low speed until well blended into thick batter.
9. Fold in the chocolate chunks and nuts
10. Drop the batter, using a tablespoon onto the cookie sheets, leaving 2 inch space between each.
11. Bake them in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until dry.
12. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets then carefully loosen with a spatula and slide them to on a wire rack to cool and harden
13. These cookies simply melt in the mouth when served warm with tea, coffee, hot chocolate or warm milk.
14. Pack them and include in your Holiday gift hampers.
Store baked cookies in a wax paper lined air tight container or jar, in a cool dry place.