- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Heavenly Chocolate Cheese Cake Recipe
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (2 Package)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs), sifted|
|Chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 761 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.1%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.7%
Trans Fat 2.7 g
Cholesterol 90.1 mg
Sodium 546.3 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.76 g3%
Sugars 77.7 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.4% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) With a mixer, cream the cheese, 1/2 cup of shortening, vanilla and half of the sugar.
3) To this creamy mix, add the melted chocolate chips.
4) Stir in the remaining sugar and mix well. Keep aside half of this mixture for icing.
5) To the rest of the mixture, combine the remaining shortening.
6) Gradually blend in eggs.
7) Slowly sift together the flour, soda and salt.8) To a greased baking pan, alternatively add the milk and dry ingredients. Form 3 layers, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
9) Bake the 3 layers in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
10) Ice with the reserved mixture and serve as required.