- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hearty Sausage Mini Quiches Recipe
|Eggs||8 , slightly beaten|
|Milk/Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese/Mozzarella / provolone||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), shredded|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pork sausages||16 Ounce, cooked, crumbled and drained (1 Packages)|
|Olive oil/Butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Mushrooms/Yellow squash||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 225 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.8%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.5 mg
Sodium 488.4 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line a muffin-cup pan with foil cups.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Take a large mixing bowl, combine first 5 ingredients.
4. Whisk lightly with a fork to blend well.
5. Stir in the sausage meat and set aside.
6. Take a skillet and heat the olive oil or butter in it .
7. When hot, add the vegetables and sauté them till they are tender-crisp.
8. Take pan off the heat and tip the vegetable mixture into the egg-sausage mixture.
9. Mix thoroughly.
10. Spoon equal amounts of the mixture into the lined muffin cups, filling them 2/3 full.
11. Place pan on middle level of preheated oven and bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
12. Sprinkle Parmesan 5 minutes before end of cooking time and return to the oven to complete baking.
13. Remove from oven let stand for 5 minutes then remove foil cups from pan.
14. Serve the quiches immediately while warm.