- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hearty Mung Bean and Tuna Soup Recipe Video
|Mung beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tuna chunks||1 Can (10 oz) (preserved in soy bean oil)|
|Coconut milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pumpkin||300 Gram, diced|
|Green chill peppers||2 Large|
|Garlic clove||5 Small, minced|
|Ginger||10 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
Calories 1008 Calories from Fat 413
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.5%
Saturated Fat 41.5 g207.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.5 mg
Sodium 1471 mg61.3%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.4%
Dietary Fiber 23.2 g92.7%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 60 g119.7%
Vitamin A 234.6% Vitamin C 227.1%
Calcium 23% Iron 69.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean and prepare all the ingredients before you start cooking.
2. Add 1 liter of water in a stock pot or saucepan and boil the mung beans until tender. Set aside.
3. Spoon the oil in which tuna is preserved into a stew pot or skillet and heat.
4. Saute garlic, onion and ginger for 30 seconds.
5. Add and saute pumpkin for 1 minute.
6. Add 1 liter of water and let it boil. Simmer for 3 minutes.
7. Season with salt and ground pepper.
8. Add tuna chunks and coconut milk. Let it boil gently.
9. Add the cooked mung beans and simmer for 2 minutes.
10. Finally add the green chili pepper and stir for 30 seconds.
11. Serve the soup in a bowl, with crusty bread on the side, but you may also serve it like a stew/curry, over rice if desired.