- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hearty Fettuccine Ham And Bean Soup Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned chunky italian tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Diced cooked ham||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned no fat low salt chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs), divided|
|Canned chickpeas||15 Ounce, drained, divided (1 Can)|
|Fettuccine/Elbows /rotini||4 Ounce, broken into thirds|
Calories 377 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.5 mg
Sodium 1165 mg48.5%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 20 g40.2%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 11.8%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large saucepan and heat oil over medium heat.
2) Stir in tomato sauce, ham, and garlic and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
3) Pour 3 cups of broth and stir to blend.
4) In a blender, make a puree by blending the remaining broth and the chickpeas.
5) Let it boil, reduce heat, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
6) Add in the pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
7) Serve along with Parmesan cheese.