- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hearty Cabbage Chowder Recipe
|Melted butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped cabbage||1⁄2 Pound (2 1/2 Cup)|
|Potato||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded swiss cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1318 Calories from Fat 735
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g128.1%
Saturated Fat 51.9 g259.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 246.3 mg
Sodium 1788.5 mg74.5%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.1%
Sugars 34.9 g
Protein 54 g108.9%
Vitamin A 55.1% Vitamin C 236.5%
Calcium 154.5% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a saucepan and combine cabbage, potato, butter, and water.
2) Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes and cabbage are tender.
3) When done, slightly mash potato.
4) Pour water and add bouillon and milk.
5) Cover and allow to simmer for 12-15 minutes.
6) Season with salt and pepper.
7) Sprinkle grated cheese and stir until cheese dissolves.
8) If desired, garnish with some extra grated cheese and serve.