- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mairlyn's Triple Oat Cookies Recipe Video
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Omega-3 egg||50 Gram (1 egg)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Steel cut oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (large-flake oats)|
|Oat bran||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.5%
Saturated Fat 0.6 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.22 mg
Sodium 15.9 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, add in the canola oil, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Whisk with a hand mixer.
3. Beat in the omega – 3 egg and pure vanilla until the mixture thickens slightly and is sort of smooth.
4. In another bowl, add in the steel cut oats, rolled oats and oat bran. Into the same bowl stir in whole wheat flour, cinnamon and baking soda. Whisk all the ingredients with a fork.
5. Add in the dates to the mixture and mix with hands.
6. Stir in the oat mixture to the sugar mixture, and beat with hand mixer.
7. Mix all the ingredients with hands. When the dough is mixed, scoop out 1 tbsp. dough, roll it between your palms, and place the ball on one of the prepared baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing out the balls about 1 inch apart.
8. When you have finished scooping out the balls of dough, lightly press down with palm to flatten them.
9. Bake until lightly browned for 14 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove the cookies and let them cool completely on wire racks.
10. Serve Triple Oat Cookies with milk and enjoy!