- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Heart Cookies Recipe
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped candied citron||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar glaze||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4552 Calories from Fat 599
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.7%
Saturated Fat 33.5 g167.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 543.9 mg
Sodium 3558.9 mg148.3%
Total Carbohydrates 925 g308.4%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.4%
Sugars 491.2 g
Protein 75 g150.4%
Vitamin A 38.3% Vitamin C 48%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 162.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg onto wax paper.
3. Beat eggs until fluffy in large bowl with electric mixer at high speed; gradually beat in sugar; continue to beat until very light. Slowly stir in warm honey mixture. Stir in almonds, citron and lemon rind. Gradually stir in flour mixture to make a very stiff dough. Wrap in wax paper; chill overnight.
4. Roll out dough, a quarter at a time, on lightly floured pastry cloth or board to a 1/4 inch thickness; cut into heart shapes with 5-inch cookie cut ter. Place, 1 inch apart, on lightly greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 10 minutes, or until light brown. Remove! from cookie sheets to wire racks; cool completely. Store in airtight container until ready to glaze and decorate.
6. Make simple sugar glaze. Color pink or red. Place cookies in a single layer on a wire rack set over wax paper to catch drippings. Spoon glaze over each cookie to cover top and edge's completely. Let stand until glaze hardens, about 1 hour.