- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ho Fan Noodles with Stir Fried Veggies and Beef Recipe Video
|Wide rice noodles||100 Gram|
|Lean sirloin steak||200 Gram, trimmed of all fat|
|Olive oil spray||1|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled and sliced|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Inch, peeled and finely shredded|
|Spring onions||3 , cut in half widthways then lengthways through the middle|
|Shiitake mushrooms||10 Small, 5 large ones cut in half|
|Broccoli||100 Gram, sliced lengthways through the middle (Tenderstem)|
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded and sliced|
|Yellow pepper||1 , deseeded and sliced|
|Red chilli||1 , sliced|
|Oyster sauce||3 Tablespoon (Premium)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 829 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.3 mg
Sodium 4292.7 mg178.9%
Total Carbohydrates 167 g55.6%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.5%
Sugars 19.5 g
Protein 23 g46%
Vitamin A 157.6% Vitamin C 853.2%
Calcium 19.6% Iron 35%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Drain and rinse under cold water to prevent them sticking together (they will heat up again when you add them to the stir-fry).
3. Heat a griddle pan until smoking. Spritz the steak with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the steak onto the griddle pan and grill for one to two minutes on each side. This will give you a nice medium-rare steak.
5. If you like it more or less cooked, change the cooking time accordingly, but remember that when you add the steak to the stir-fry it will cook a little more.
6. Remove from heat and leave to rest for five minutes. Slice thinly width ways.
7. To make the sauce, mix the ingredients together with a splash of water.
8. Heat a wok. Add the olive oil and throw in the garlic, ginger, spring onion, shiitake mushrooms, broccoli and peppers and stir-fry for two minutes.
9. Pour over the sauce, and add the noodles and steak. Give it a big stir until combined and serve topped with the chilli.