- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Vegetable and Meat Marinara Recipe Video
|Olive oil/Meat fat||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Garlic paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Broccolini||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato/Canned tomato||7 Medium, chop (6-7)|
|Tony s tuscan grill rub||2 Teaspoon|
|Melillo marsala||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Meat balls||1 Pound, fried|
|Whole wheat pasta||200 Gram, cooked and drained|
|Pasta boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tilapia fish||1 Pound, slice|
Calories 1459 Calories from Fat 330
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.8%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.4 mg
Sodium 1746.1 mg72.8%
Total Carbohydrates 160 g53.5%
Dietary Fiber 21.2 g84.7%
Sugars 30 g
Protein 119 g238.1%
Vitamin A 286.6% Vitamin C 141.3%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 29.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a skillet over heat, fry meat balls in it, and keep them aside.
2. For vegetable, return the same skillet over heat, and in the remaining meat fat, add onion and garlic to it. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until they just start to brown.
3. Add carrot, broccolini, and chopped tomatoes to skillet, one at a time sautéing continuously. Once all the vegetables are added, allow it to simmer.
4. Sprinkle Tony’s Tuscan grill rub, pour in marsala and simmer for 30-40 minutes, depending on the consistency you want.
5. Insert meat balls to skillet and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
6. Add pasta and mix it well. Then, pour pasta boiling water in it. Mix and cook them all together.
7. In the last few minutes of cooking, throw some fish pieces into the skillet. Cover it with sauce. Simmer for few more minutes.
8. Add a little more pasta water, if you feel your pasta is dry. Mix well.
9. Serve pasta hot with salad and vegetable kebab.
If you do not want to prepare vegetables in meat fat then you can discard them and pour olive oil in skillet.
Add vegetables one at a time starting from the longest cooking to the shortest.
You may also use salt , pepper and dry herbs for seasoning.
If you don’t want to make meat balls, then you may only cook your pasta with fish.