- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey and Lettuce Wraps Recipe Video
|Turkey meat||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Chinese 5 spice||1 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium chicken stock||4 Tablespoon|
|Water chestnut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli garlic sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped tomato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lettuce leaves||4 Large, rinsed|
|Julienne cut carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.7%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41 mg
Sodium 136.6 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 15 g30.5%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a non-stick, heat the sesame oil and saute turkey meat for about 5 to 8 minutes or until it starts to brown lightly.
2. Add in brown rice and stir to mix.
3. Put in ginger, 5 spice and chicken stock, allow to cook stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes
4. Drop in chestnuts, hoisin sauce and garlic sauce and mix well.
5. To finish, add in tomatoes and give it a stir, turn the heat off.
6. On a working table, spread the lettuce leaves and spoon the rice mixture in the center.
7. Put the carrots over the rice mixture.
8. Fold in the sides of lettuce and roll tightly to wrap.
9. Cut the wrap diagonally in half and serve as desired.