- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Tomatoes Garni Recipe
|Canned whole tomatoes||2 Pound (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and sliced|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|No calorie sweetener||To Taste (Granulated Or Liquid)|
|Bread slice||1 , toasted and cut into tiny cubes|
Calories 105 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.92 g1.4%
Saturated Fat 0.17 g0.83%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 829.2 mg34.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.1%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 33% Vitamin C 50.3%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a medium-size frying pan empty the tomatoes carefully and stir in onion, celery, green pepper, salt and pepper.
2. Add your favorite no-calorie sweetner as much equivalent to that of 1 teaspoon sugar.
3. Heat just to boil and using a slotted spoon lift out four of the prettiest tomatoes.
4. In an individual serving bowl place each tomato and spoon the remaining over top.
5. Take toasted bread cubes, sprinkle evenly on the tomatoes and serve.