- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Debbie DeMaria Makes Stir Fry Recipe Video
|Rice bran oil/Coconut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Duck breast meat||1⁄2 Pound, cut into bite size pieces|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), seeded, chopped (yellow + Red)|
|Yellow squash/Zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Red cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Pea pods||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celtic sea salt||To Taste|
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.1 mg
Sodium 96.3 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 11 g21%
Vitamin A 48% Vitamin C 83.9%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oil in a large wok or deep pan on medium high (temperature around 375 degrees F).
2. Add the duck meat and sauté for a few minutes or till it turns brown. Put onions and continue to sauté until translucent.
3. Put carrot & celery, bell pepper, squash, red cabbage, mushrooms, pea pods and sprouts in that order (order of hardness and time taken to cook). Stir well after every addition and cover occasionally to let them cook in steam.
4. Season with Celtic sea salt to taste in the end and mix well. Turn off the heat.
5. In a serving plate, serve the stir fry over rice noodles or brown rice.
This stir fry can be seasoned with any herb of choice.
Flax seed can also be added in the end to enhance the taste.
Vegetables can be added or deleted according to choice and availability.