- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Sprouted Stir Fried Dew Beans Recipe Video
|Matki/Moth bean||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||6 Small|
|Potato chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (approximately, use as needed)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced thinly|
Calories 534 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1499.8 mg62.5%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g27.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 30 g60.9%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 26%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To prepare the moth bean sprouts:
1. Soak the moth beans in water for about 5-6 hours or overnight.
2. Then drain them through a sieve and place in room temperature covering with a cloth for another 8-12 hours.
3. Clean the beans roughly.
4. Heat a pressure cooker pot to medium high and add, 2 tbsp oil, dry whole red chilies, mustard seeds, curry leaves, potato chunks, water, turmeric powder, salt, garlic paste, ginger paste and green chili paste and let it cook with cover for about 10 minutes.
5. Then add the moth beans and let it cook adding more water on low to medium heat for about 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle coriander leaves and onion slices and serve with rice or roti.