- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Spicy Tofu Burritos Recipe Video
|Sprouted grain wraps||4 Large (Ezekiel sprouted burritos)|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Garlic clove||2 Large, minced|
|Mixed spice seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Tablespoon, shredded (Optional)|
|Tofu||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into small cubes|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1093 Calories from Fat 567
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.8%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.8 mg5.3%
Sodium 849.2 mg35.4%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.8%
Dietary Fiber 48.4 g193.4%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 33 g66.4%
Vitamin A 145.4% Vitamin C 266.3%
Calcium 50.6% Iron 53.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Toss the tofu with flour, chili powder and paprika.
2. In a non-stick saute pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Add tofu and saute until golden and crisp. Remove to a bowl.
3. In the same pan, heat a little more oil. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper. Saute until onion is translucent and soft.
4. Add the tomatoes and spice mix. Cook until the tomatoes are soft.
5. Combine the vegetable mixture with the tofu. Add lime juice and cilantro and toss well. Let cool slightly.
6. To assemble the burritos, on each of the wraps, spoon a little cheese (if using) and 1/4 of the tofu mixture down the center of the wrap.
7. Top with scooped avocado flesh.
8. Fold in the side edges and roll up the burrito/wrap, tucking everything in tightly.
9. Warm the burritos in the oven before serving if you like.
10. Serve the burritos with salsa or jalapeno chili sauce if you like.
You can make and serve this as a raw burrito by omitting the flour and simply tossing tofu with vegetables and spices.