- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Shrimp Tacos Recipe Video
|For shrimp taco mix|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, slice|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), sliced|
|Mexican chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce||3 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Diced tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz) (good quality)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cilantro||10 Gram, roughly chopped (small handful)|
|Guajillo chili||2 Gram (1-2 or to taste) (Optional)|
|White shrimp||300 Gram, peeled, deveined|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Teaspoon, roughly chopped|
|For grilled corn avocado topping|
|Corn cobs||2 Medium|
|Tomatoes||1 Medium, small dice|
|Green onion||2 , sliced|
|Yellow sweet pepper||1 , small dice|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Avocado||1 , medium chunks|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour tortillas||3 (2-3)|
|Sour cream||3 Teaspoon|
Calories 519 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.4%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 196.6 mg
Sodium 749.7 mg31.2%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.7%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 30 g59.9%
Vitamin A 58.1% Vitamin C 196.3%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 34.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel and devein shrimp as shown in the video.
2. Place a pan on fairly low heat and pour olive oil in it. Drop onion and sprinkle salt.
3. Throw garlic, stir and cook for 5 minutes to lightly sweat.
4. Add chili powder, and cumin. Cook for 2-3 min
5. Throw chipotle pepper, tomatoes, water, cilantro, and guajillo chili. Bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for 10 -15 min.
6. Add shrimp and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Taste and season with salt, pepper, and sugar.
7. Throw cilantro and give it a good stir. Remove the pan from heat and set shrimp aside.
8. For topping, in a pot of boiling water, drop corn cobs and cook for 5 minutes.
9. In a medium sized bowl, combine tomato, green onion, sweet pepper, garlic, and avocado.
10. Remove the corn cobs from the water and season it with salt and olive oil. Grill corn for 5 minutes to get the charred flavor.
11. Remove corn from grill and slice it as shown in the video. Put the corn in the bowl with tomato.
12. Sprinkle cilantro and give everything a good mix.
13. Now, on hot grill pan, place flour tortillas and cook for 1 minute each side. Fold it into a classic taco shape.
14. Put shrimp mixture into each taco and top it with tomato corn mixture and sour cream.
15. Serve shrimp taco with avocado corn dip.