- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Republic Day Dosa Recipe
|Dosa batter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, grated|
|Capsicum||1 Medium, diced|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (or as needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 512 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 4014.8 mg167.3%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 16 g31.9%
Vitamin A 219.8% Vitamin C 207%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Grate the carrots, add required salt, and microwave for about a minute.
Dice the capsicum into small pieces, add salt and pepper, and microwave for a minute.
1. Take the tawa and spread the dosa batter to make a nice round dosa. Make sure to keep the flame in medium heat.
2. Break open the egg in the center of the dosa, so that the yolk falls in the center with the round shape intact. This will be our chakra.
3. Cover and let it cook for a few minutes.
4. Flip the dosa to the other side in one quick shot and press the center lightly so that the egg yolk cooks well.
5. Remove the dosa from the tawa.
6. Sprinkle the grated carrots on the top half and diced capsicum on the lower half of the dosa. You can also use any other green vegetable in place of capsicum.
7. Sprinkle pepper powder on the egg yolk for the spikes of the chakra.
A simple yet healthy dosa is ready! This dosa is good to have without any side dish. However, you can serve it with sambar or chutney. Alternatively, you can sprinkle idli podi on it and serve.