- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Snapper Veracruz Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, mince|
|Plum tomatoes||4 Medium, chop|
|Jalapeno||1⁄2 Medium, chop|
|Bay leaf||1 Small|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Olives||8 Small, chop|
|Red snapper fillets||2|
|Banana pepper||1 Medium|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 256 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.5 mg
Sodium 158.2 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 22 g43.1%
Vitamin A 35.3% Vitamin C 98.8%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needskillet
1. Finely dice the onions, mince the garlic, and chop the plum tomatoes, jalapenos and olives, set aside.
2. Heat oil in the skillet; sauté the onions for 7 minutes or until soft.
3. Add Garlic; continue to sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add tomatoes, jalapenos, bay leaf, oregano, olives, capers, and broth.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes stirring constantly.
6. In the meantime marinate the snapper with the juice of half a lime.
7. Cover and refrigerate for approximately 25-40 minutes.
8. After 40 minutes in pan heat oil over medium heat, place the snapper in the pan, smother it in the sauce.
9. Cook for 6-8 minutes until cooked thru.
10. Once done place the red snapper in a serving plate and garnish with banana peppers and parsley.
11. Serve the red snapper Veracruz immediately.