- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Divabetic Penne with Peppers and Shrimp Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange bell pepper||1 , sliced lengthwise|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 , sliced lengthwise|
|Red bell pepper||1 , sliced lengthwise|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Shrimp||12 Small, peeled, deveined|
|Ripe tomatoes||1 Large, cut into wedges|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Butter substitute||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh basil leaves||3 Large, sliced into strips|
|Whole wheat penne pasta||500 Gram (1 small box)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 626 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.4 mg
Sodium 354 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.6%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 34 g67.3%
Vitamin A 56.6% Vitamin C 250.9%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 26%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot bring water to boil. Put in the pasta with salt. Let it cook for around 10 minutes or till al dente.
2. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
3. In a pan, heat olive oil. Put in the yellow, orange and red peppers and sauté them for a minute.
4. Add onions, stir them and let them sweat. Put the garlic and season with salt to taste. Stir well occasionally to mix.
5. Put in the shrimps, tomatoes and black pepper. Mix well and let them cook for 3 minutes or till the shrimp is done.
6. Add the butter substitute and basil leaves. Mix well and turn off the heat.
7. In a serving bowl, put penne pasta in the bottom. Spread the shrimp mix on to and grate parmesan cheese over it. Serve it hot.