- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Pan-Fried Minced Cutlet (Menchi Katsu) Recipe Video
|Ground meat||200 Gram (beef and pork)|
|Panko bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Aburaage||2 (deep fried tofu pouch)|
|Vegetables||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (broccoli and tomatoes)|
Calories 489 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.4%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.3 mg
Sodium 929.8 mg38.7%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 35 g70.4%
Vitamin A 39.6% Vitamin C 43.3%
Calcium 29.3% Iron 29.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mince cabbage and onion.
2. In a bowl, mix the ground beef and pork mixture with the minced cabbage and onion.
3. Add the panko bread crumbs, soy sauce and sesame oil.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Mix with hand until the mixture comes together and is sticky.
6. Pour boiled water over aburaage to remove the excess oil. Drain and dry with paper towels.
7. Place the aburaage on a cutting board, and trace the aburaage with cooking chopsticks to make it easy to open. Cut a side of aburaage and gently open the pocket.
8. Gently stuff the aburaage with the meat mixture.
9. Heat a frying pan, place the stuffed aburaage. Pat down and flip to cook both sides.
10. Add 40ml of water. Cover the pan and steam it on medium heat until the water is almost gone for about 5 mins.
11. Open the lid and cook the other side until the surfaces are crisp and brown, about 4 minutes.
12. For the sauce: Mix together ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
13. Cut the cutlet into bite-size pieces and pour the sauce over it. Serve with vegetables of your choice like broccoli and tomatoes.
Serve immediately. It is better served before the aburaage softens.