- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Gujarati Kadhi - Hot Yogurt Soup Recipe Video
|Plain yogurt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Gram flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh white turmeric root/Cumin powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Also called aamba haldi) (Optional)|
|Yellow turmeric root||1 Pinch (Also called pili haldi) (Optional)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry leaves||6 Medium, torn|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|For the seasoning|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 86 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.6 mg
Sodium 108.6 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Hand blender
1. In a pot add plain yogurt, sour cream, gram flour, ginger paste, green chili paste, aamba haldi and pili haldi. (If aamba haldi and pili haldi is not available, you can add cumin powder instead).
2. Add water and mix well to combine. Add salt and sugar to taste. Using a hand blender blend all the ingredients well.
3. Add fresh curry leaves and cilantro.
4. In a small pan, heat oil for the seasoning, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and when they crackle remove from the heat.
5. Keep the pot with the kadhi on the heat and warm it slightly by stirring continuously. Add the seasoning, stirring continuously and bring it to a boil. Turn off the heat when done.
6. Serve with rice.