- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Homemade Pizza Crust Recipe Video
|Whole wheat flour/Null||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Null)|
|All purpose flour/Null||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Null)|
|Flour/Null||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Flour To Water Ratio - 2 : 1)|
|Yeast/Null||1 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Salt/Null||2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Sugar/Null||1 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Olive oil/Null||1 Teaspoon (Null)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2095 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3894.7 mg162.3%
Total Carbohydrates 434 g144.5%
Dietary Fiber 34.3 g137.3%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 66 g131.7%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 139.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Start by dissolving 1 teaspoon yeast in 3 tablespoons lukewarm water with 1 teaspoon sugar. Keep aside in warm place, till foamy.
2. Take a bowl and measure the flour, add salt.
3. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast and remaining water
4. Blend well with a wooden spoon or with hand, to make sticky dough.
5. Cover the bowl with a towel and let rest for an hour in a very warm place.
6. An hour later the dough should double in size (proof) resembling picture (5), if it fails to do so leave for another 30 min in a much warmer place.
7. Deflate the dough by punching it down with your fist. Dust it with a lot of dry flour to obtain a thicker consistency
8. Transfer the dough to a work surface and start kneading with hands using dry flour if needed.
9. Knead for a few minutes folding the dough in, until smooth and shiny, as in picture8.
10. Coat with oil.
11. Cover the dough with a towel if you are going to use it right away, if not then zip lock and refrigerate.
12. Roll out as required for your pizza base.