- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (chilled and cubed)|
|Sweet potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (cooked & mashed)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 158 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.8%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.8 mg
Sodium 353.6 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 45.5% Vitamin C 0.62%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a food processor, blend flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
3. Add butter and blend again to combine well.
4. Add the sweet potatoes, milk and honey and combine until the dough comes together.
5. Put the dough onto parchment paper and knead it well. Flatten it with hands to make discs.
6. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll out.
7. Cut into circles or other shapes using cookie cutter.
8. Place the biscuits on baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
9. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
10. Cool it and serve.