- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Choice8 Tangy Oven Fried Bbq Chicken Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast halves||6|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Tomato soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Low sodium worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 326 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 0.75 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.2 mg
Sodium 653.1 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.4%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 35 g69.1%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large bowl and thoroughly mix flour, garlic powder, onion powder and poultry seasoning.
2) Season the chicken breasts evenly with salt.
3) Take each chicken breast and properly coat both sides with the flour mixture. Place them on a dry plate.
4) Take a small saucepan to combine soup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and onion.
5) Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the liquid mixture to a boil.
6) Lower the heat and simmer the sauce for another 10 minutes.
7) Remove from heat and store the sauce in a medium bowl.
8) Take a baking sheet to line with foil and to spray with vegetable cooking spray on the foil.
9) Place the coated chicken breasts on the foil.
10) Use generous quantity of prepared soup to baste the coated chicken breasts.
11) Set the oven at 350°F.
12) Place the baking sheet inside the oven and bake for at least 20 minutes or until the chicken breasts are thoroughly cooked.
13) Serve the chicken breasts with the remaining part of sauce.