- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Cereal Chevda Recipe Video
|Corn flakes||350 Gram, crushed|
|Rice crispies||350 Gram|
|Raisins||50 Gram (Optional)|
|Potato fries||75 Gram (Optional)|
|Raw almonds/Peanuts||100 Gram|
|Fresh curry leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (As required)|
|Fennel seeds||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 0.64 g3.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 316.1 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.4%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 41.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Baking tray
1. In a large tray or pan spread out the cornflakes, the rice crispies and cheerios (oatmeal cereal). Mix them together.
2. If desired raisins and potato fries can be added to the cereals at this point.
3. Preheat the oven to 170 F.
4. Take pan with a little oil, warm the oil and add raw almonds, fresh curry leaves, salt, garlic powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and sugar. Stir to mix all the ingredients well.
5. Lastly add the fennel seeds, stir and turn off the heat.
6. Pour the prepared mixture on top of the mixed cereal (chevda) and mix to combine well.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring it every 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Serve as a breakfast cereal or as a snack.
Fried chana dal or moong dal or sev can also be added if desired.