- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Buffalo Shepherd's Pie Recipe Video
|Buffalo meat/Extra lean ground beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Cauliflower/Potato||1 Medium, broken into small florets|
|Nostick cooking spray||1 Dash|
|Carrot/Broccoli||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sliced (or peas)|
|Dried basil/Basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Non fat milk/Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.1 mg
Sodium 760.5 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 38 g76.2%
Vitamin A 167.5% Vitamin C 171.7%
Calcium 32.3% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
2. In a pot, bring water to a boil and add cauliflower broken into florets. Boil until soft. Drain and let cool slightly.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium high and brown the ground buffalo meat well.
4. Spray a casserole with cooking spray or grease with oil and turn the browned meat into it. Spread evenly.
5. Top with carrots (or broccoli or peas) and season with salt, pepper and basil
6. When the cauliflower has cooled slightly, mash with potato masher. Season with salt and pepper and add milk. Cream until smooth and creamy like mashed potatoes.
7. Spread the mash over the meat in the casserole.
8. Scatter cheese evenly on top.
9. Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
10. Take the casserole straight from the oven to the dinner table and spoon the shepherd's pie onto dinner plates.