- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Baked Chips Recipe Video
|White carrot||1 Large|
|Sweet potato||1 Large|
|Vegetable oil spray||3 Dash|
|Sea salt||5 Pinch|
Calories 137 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.75 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.56%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 340.2 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.7%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 226.7% Vitamin C 92.5%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
2. Spray 4-5 baking sheets with olive oil spray or any vegetable cooking oil spray. Line them with parchment and spray again to grease.
3. Wash and peel all the root veggies.
4. Using a mandolin or vegetable slicer, thinly slice the vegetables into chips. Make sure they are neither too thick nor too thin. Also be careful of your fingers while you slice, using a guard if you have one.
5. Arrange the sliced veggies on baking sheets, arranging each type on a separate sheet so that they cook evenly.
6. Spray lightly with oil and sprinkle with salt.
7. Bake in the oven for 40-60 minutes or until brown and crispy.
8. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
9. Pile into a bowl, sprinkle lightly with a little more salt/spices if you like.
10. Serve with avocado dip or salsa if you like.