- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Asparagus with Poached Eggs Recipe Video
|Asparagus spears||8 , trimmed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 520.2 mg21.7%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Simmer water in a pot with 3 Tbsp vinegar
3) Crack egg into a small dish with sloped edges
4) Use a slotted spoon to make a little whirlpool in the water and slide egg in.
5) Repeat with second egg. Continue to simmer for approximately 3 minutes until egg whites coagulate but the yolks are still soft.
5) Remove with a slotted spoon and let drain over another bowl.
6) Place 4 spears on a plate and top with poached egg. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
The Good News: Asparagus gives you 180% of your Daily Value for Vitamin K, 61% DV for Folate (great for pregnancy), and 73% DV for Vitamin C. Approximate values for this dish are 130 calories, 5 grams of fat, 12.5 g protein, 6 g carbs, and 83 mg sodium.